FOR WHOM? Your child will be between 8 and 9 year old next year and has already done the year 1 at Tech Kids Academy? Great, he/she can continue our curriculum with weekly workshops for 7-9 yo Year 2! If he or she turns 10 before December 2020, you can enroll him / her into the 10-12 yo group, Year 1 to continue his curriculum.
By group of 12 children maximum, our animators guide the children step-by-step through the making of different projects. All the equipment is provided, no need to bring your computer, just your good mood and enthousiasm! All the softwares we use are free and compatible Windows, iOS, Linux, so that they can continue the experience at home.
Our fun and educational curriculum is composed of 28 creative digital workshops of 1h30 during the school year and has 5 cycles:
- CODING Children continue coding with the free software Scratch (visual approach with blocks) end learn new features (clones, lists, input / output, scrolling etc.). They make an arcade game with BB8, a super race car game and a custom quizz !
- ROBOTICS Our little engineers build robots with Lego bricks, motors and Lego WeDo 2.0 sensors and program them to bring them to life. They design machines that can drive, spin, walk or fly (well not quite!)… they therefore put their ingenuity to the service of robots!
- ELECTRONICS They make a game pad with MakeyMakey to play with their fruits ninja game that they coded with Scratch. They discover how a matrix of LEDs works and program tow mini games on the MicroBit card. A fun way to learn about electronics and interact with the computer!
- DESIGN They draw in pixel art the characters of their video game and make 2D animations with Piskel. They learn new features of 3DSlash (curves, volume) and design their own medal and character, and 3D print them.
- PROJECT At the end of the year, children have some time to make their own projects, on the theme of their choice, in order to put into practice what they learned during the year. The animator will be their coach. Children can work on their own or in small groups, those who willing to can present their project at the end of the year.
A comprehensive curriculum that allow children to reveal their talents!
CERTIFICATE Children who are willing to, can take our online quiz to test their knowledge and obtain our electronic certificate of participation.
ADVANTAGES As a member of the academy, your child has different advantages:
A Tech Kids Academy USB key to save his files, an exclusive access to the Campus Junior, the 1st MOOC to teach coding to kids aged 7-12, special discounts on holidays camps and invitations to events and special evenings etc.