By group of 12 children maximum, our animators guide the children step-by-step through the making of different projects. All the equipment is provided, no need to bring your computer, just your good mood and enthousiasm! All the softwares we use are free and compatible Windows, iOS, Linux, so that they can continue the experience at home.
Our fun and educational curriculum is composed of 28 creative digital workshops of 1h30 during the school year and has 5 cycles:
- CODING Children get into computer science and learn the basics of coding (loop, condition, variable, event etc.) with the free software Scratch (visual approach by blocks). Our animators guide them step-by-step to make several projects: a virtual animal, a maze game and the famous Space Invaders game.
- ROBOTICS They discover robotics by playing with Ozobot, small robots that can be programmed without screen and that follow the lines of the circuits that the kids drawn. Our young engineers assemble Lego WeDo 2.0 bricks, motos and captors and code their robots to give them life and pick up our challenges!
- ELECTRONICS Through different experiments, they try to understand how electronic circuits and their components work: make a battery, build simple electronic circuits with the LittleBits magnetic bricks and play music with MakeyMakey. They make their own electronic card with MicroBit and a magic hologram!
- DESIGN They learn about 3D design with 3DSlash: sculpt a Pickachu and a tag name in a cube of pixels. They look at how a 3D printer works and prepare the printing of their creations to bring home. They design smileys and different characters in pixel art for their video game and create 2D animations with Piskel.
- PROJECT At the end of the year, children have some time to make their own projects, on the theme of their choice, in order to put into practice what they learned during the year. The animator will be their coach. Children can work on their own or in small groups, those who willing to can present their project at the end of the year.
A comprehensive curriculum that allow children to reveal their talents!
CERTIFICATE Children who are willing to, can take our online quiz to test their knowledge and obtain our electronic certificate of participation.
ADVANTAGES As a member of the academy, your child has different advantages:
A Tech Kids Academy USB key to save his files, an exclusive access to the Campus Junior, the 1st MOOC to teach coding to kids aged 7-12, special discounts on holidays camps and invitations to events and special evenings etc.
ENGLISH Don’t miss our English workshops, on Saturday from 9:45AM to 11:15AM.