By group of 12 children maximum, our animators guide the teens step-by-step through the making of different projects. All the equipment is provided, no need to bring your computer, just your good mood and enthousiasm! All the softwares we use are free and compatible Windows, iOS, Linux, so that they can continue the experience at home.
Our fun and educational curriculum is composed of 28 creative digital workshops of 1h30 during the school year and has 5 cycles:
- CODING Teens start the year by learning coding with the free software Stencyl (visual approach of coding more advanced than Scratch), by making an space arcade game: control syour spaceship, create the spawn of asteroids, manage collisions and make the game interface. Then, they type their first lines of Python and make an adventure game on a RPG mode.
- ROBOTICS They discover robotics with MBot, a robot equipped with motors, LEDs and a LED matrix, distance sensors and a potentiometer. What will they do with this robot?
- ELECTRONICS They program their Mbot robot in C/C++ with the Arduino software, to give it some intelligence and interactivity: drive and detect obstacles, display animations on the matrix, play with the pototentiometer to change the color of LEDs and luminosity.
- DESIGN They learn more about the techniques of 3D modelisation and design a 3D low poly landscape with the professional software Blender. They will have time to set their imagination free and unleash their creative talents!
- PROJECT At the end of the year, children have some time to make their own projects, on the theme of their choice, in order to put into practice what they learned during the year.
A ambitious curriculum, close to what they could do in engineering schools , that allow each teen to reveal his/her talents and get ready for his/her future!
CERTIFICATE Teens who are willing to, can take our online quiz to test their knowledge and obtain our electronic certificate of participation.
ADVANTAGES As a member of the academy, your teen has different advantages:
A Tech Kids Academy USB key to save his files, a two months discount on an annual subscription to itechcampus (opening in 2021), the e-learning platform to teach coding to teens aged 12-25, invitations to events and special evenings etc. and discounts on holidays camps.
ENGLISH Don’t miss our English workshops, on Wednesday from 5:30PM to 7PM.