WHY? Your child is between 10 and 12 yo this year and has already done year 1 at Tech Kids Academy? Great, he/she can continue our curriculum with weekly workshops fro 10-12 yo – Year 2! If he/she turns 13 by December 31st 2020, then he/she can enroll in the 13-17 group – Year 1.
By group of 12 children maximum, our animators guide the children step-by-step through the making of different projects. All the equipment is provided, no need to bring your computer, just your good mood and enthousiasm! All the softwares we use are free and compatible Windows, iOS, Linux, so that they can continue the experience at home.
Our fun and educational curriculum is composed of 28 creative digital workshops of 1h30 during the school year and has 5 cycles:
- CODING Children importe their coding skills by making a space shooter game with the free software Scratch (visual approach by blocks), by learning more advanced features like the creation of clones and new blocks. They make a platform game with the game engine software Stencyl.
- ROBOTICS They learn more about robotics by building different Lego WeDo 2.0 models. They experiment and try to take up our challenges: build robots to make a chain reaction and be able to pass a marble from one team to the other!
- ELECTRONICS They make a project with Thingz, a simplified Arduino card. They type their first lines of code in C… a fun introduction to intelligent objects and get ready for your future!
- DESIGN Children unleash their creativity by making their pop art and manga portraits with Gimp, a free software similar to Photoshop. They learn drawing in vectorial Inkscape and bring home their printed creations.
- PROJECT At the end of the year, children have some time to make their own projects, on the theme of their choice, in order to put into practice what they learned during the year. The animator will be their coach. Children can work on their own or in small groups, those who willing to can present their project at the end of the year.
A comprehensive curriculum that allow children to reveal their talents!
CERTIFICATE Children who are willing to, can take our online quiz to test their knowledge and obtain our electronic certificate of participation.
ADVANTAGES As a member of the academy, your child has different advantages:
A Tech Kids Academy USB key to save his files, an exclusive access to the Campus Junior, the 1st MOOC to teach coding to kids aged 7-12, special discounts on holidays camps and invitations to events and special evenings etc.
ENGLISH Don’t miss our weekly workshops in English on Saturdays from 2PM to 3:30PM in Paris and on Friday from 5:45PM to 7:15PM in St-Germain.