By group of 12 children maximum, our animators guide the children step-by-step through the making of different projects. All the equipment is provided, no need to bring your computer, just your good mood and enthousiasm! All the softwares we use are free and compatible Windows, iOS, Linux, so that they can continue the experience at home.
Our fun and educational curriculum is composed of 28 creative digital workshops of 1h30 during the school year and has 5 cycles:
- CODING Children get into computer science and learn about coding logics (loop, condition, variable, events, messages, clones etc.) with the free software Scratch (visual approach by blocks). Our animators guide them to make an advanced maze game on the theme of Star Wars and the famous bricks breaker game (evolved version of Pong).
- ROBOTICS They discover robotics with the Edison robots, equipped with motors, LEDs, distance and light sensors. They experiment and try to take up our challenges: go forward and backward, turn, detect obstacles, get out of a maze or follow a circuit. They customize their robots with Lego and fight in a sumo battle.
- ELECTRONICS They learn about electronics with Thingz, a simplified Arduino card: they make different circuits and code LEDs, temperature / humidity and light sensors, detector of movements, segments displays and screen: make LEDs blink, build a timer, a clock, a weather station and an anti-intrusion alarm!
- DESIGN Children unleash their creativity by drawing in pixel art and by making animations with Piskel. Pixel art is a great way to make backdrops and characters for video games! The young one discover the advanced features of 3DSlash and 3D design and print cork animals. They will have plenty of time to make their own creations.
- PROJECT At the end of the year, children have some time to make their own projects, on the theme of their choice, in order to put into practice what they learned during the year. The animator will be their coach. Children can work on their own or in small groups, those who willing to can present their project at the end of the year.
A comprehensive curriculum that allow children to reveal their talents!
CERTIFICATE Children who are willing to, can take our online quiz to test their knowledge and obtain our electronic certificate of participation.
ADVANTAGES As a member of the academy, your child has different advantages:
A Tech Kids Academy USB key to save his files, an exclusive access to the Campus Junior, the 1st MOOC to teach coding to kids aged 7-12, special discounts on holidays camps and invitations to events and special evenings etc.
ENGLISH Don’t miss our English workshops, on Saturday from 11:30AM to 1PM (in Paris and St-Germain) or on Wednesay from 3:30PM to 5PM (in St Germain only).